Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter, Sunny, desire, spiritual questions, I know, our Savior, quest of a lifetime


Qishan

April 6, 2015
Qishan

Easter!
Happy Easter!
Hope everyone has had a wonderful time celebrating Easter. Nobody here celebrates Easter--not even members-- so it was pretty low key. 

Bishop called on Sunday morning to ask us to teach Gospel Principles so we taught it on Faith in Jesus Christ and showed the church's Easter video to try and make it more festive. 

We also sang "All Creatures of our God and King" in Sacrament Meeting to try and add some Easter spirit. 

Oh and geng hao! It was Fast Sunday too haha which was sort of a bummer but it was all good. Definitely different from a normal Easter but it was still a wonderful day to be able to reflect on the Savior's sacrifice for us. 

Sunny
It was awesome because we had a few investigators come with us. Sunny, one of our English students came and started crying during some of the testimonies. I don't think it was a sad cry. I'm hoping she was feeling it and it was a happy cry! 

Our chapel

We're still working with her and she's getting closer to baptism. She's really awesome! 

Even though we just started meeting with her recently, someone gave her a Book of Mormon a long time ago, and she reads it every night on her own, even though she hadn't had any lessons or anything. 

My Testimony
Since it's Easter, I thought I would share my testimony today: 

I actually partly wanted to share my testimony about testimonies!

Even though I grew up in the church, like everyone, I needed to gain my own testimony.

I had always grown up hearing people express their knowledge of truth and I never thought they were lying; I knew that they knew. I didn't yet know for myself, but I wanted to. 


Desire
And like Alma says, that's how it starts, with a desire. I've let this desire work within me and especially over these last few years, I've really been able to develop my faith and come to know spiritual truths for myself. 

I add my testimony to President Uchtdorf's, that the 
"Everlasting and Almighty God, the Creator of this vast universe, will speak to those who approach Him with a sincere heart and real intent." 

BBQ clan
Spiritual questions
This takes time and it takes effort. Some people think it's not worth the effort or some people might think it's enough for them to rely on other people's testimonies. 

But I can promise that it's worth it to know for yourself and that Heavenly Father will answer our prayers. It will take faith and patience on our part, but spiritual questions deserve spiritual answers. 

I know
There is still a lot that I don't know and I still have questions, but I do know that God lives and that He loves us. I know that He has provided a way for us to have success in this life and to return to live with Him again.

Our Savior
I know that He is perfect and that in order to feel worthy to live in His presence, a Savior is necessary.

On my own, I fall short, and we all make mistakes which bring us guilt and make us unclean and unable to dwell in God's presence. 

Neighboring town of Meinong



But through His love and the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ, we can erase those mistakes and become clean and better everyday. 

I know that because of Jesus Christ, we will all live again, that we don't need to wonder whether our life has a purpose and if there is something more. 

Because of our Redeemer, "death has no sting" and "the grave no victory." 


I know that living a life founded on His teachings will bring us the most happiness that is available for us. 

I'm grateful for my testimony and for the ways my mission has helped to strengthen it and increase my faith. 

Quest of a lifetime
But I know I still have so much to learn and that 
"the process of gathering spiritual light is the quest of a lifetime and that it may not come as quickly as you desire... but if you do your part, it will come. And it will be glorious." 
I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Sending all my love and appreciation for the happy birthday wishes!

Love,
Sister Sinclaire Hancock


Picturesque valley surrounded by verdant mountains

typical dinner

Qishan is famous for its bananas.
Going to make banana bread today!



















No comments:

Post a Comment