Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sister Hancocks times two, Joseph Smith's promise is true



May 4, 2015
Qishan, Taiwan

Dear loved ones,

I was going to make the subject "Another good week!".  But then I realized I need to be more creative, because I think that's the same title I use every week. But all of the weeks really are good! 

Sister Hancock times two
The highlight this week definitely was exchanges. We usually go on exchanges once a transfer and it's an opportunity to work with a different companion--sometimes even in a different area--so you can learn from each other and try new ideas. 

Exchanges:  Sisters Hancock
At the time, they always start out a little inconvenient, because you have to pack up your stuff and spend a bunch of time traveling to meet up.  But afterwards I'm always so happy. 

This time was especially fun because I was able to be with the other Sister Hancock! (We knew each other a little bit in the MTC.) Apparently President has a thing here where if you have the same name as someone else, then you're basically destined to be companions at some point. So we're excited for when that will happen. 

It was awesome being able to bond with her, because we both served in the states before coming to Taiwan. We had a ton to talk about and very similar perspectives on everything. 

Usually exchanges are an opportunity for new missionaries to work with experienced missionaries or the Sister Training Leader. But it was neat to be with Sister Hancock because we're both still in training. I actually didn't even know that they "allowed" that. But it was neat to see how even though we've both only been in Taiwan for 2 months, we got around just fine. 

Highlighting the name of Christ in my Book of Mormon
Joseph Smith's promise is true
This week I finished reading through the Book of Mormon again. My love for this book of scripture grows each time I read it!

Even though I read through the same words over and over again, each time I learn new things specific to me. 

This time I was particularly focusing on the names of Christ and trying to better understand the nature of God. So I actually went through and highlighted each mention of Deity. 

It was a little "ma fan" [troublesome] at first. But it's really neat to look back at the patterns that I can now see. For example, in certain chapters Christ is only mentioned a couple times, compared to some verses where He is mentioned 5 or 6 times. 

Most of all, it's wonderful to flip through the book and see how many red annotations there are--that it truly is another testament of Christ. 

There's power in the Book of Mormon and I'm grateful that I have this special time to be able to share it with others. 
The Prophet Joseph Smith said:  The Book of Mormon is "the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.” (History of the Church, 4:461)
I know Joseph Smith's promise is true: it has helped me come closer to God than any other book I've ever read before. 

Hope everyone has an awesome week! 

Love you all! 

Sister Sinclaire Hancock


Bing is basically a version of ice cream here. It's delicious because it's not too sweet and there's lots of fresh fruit on top. It's sort of like "milk flavored" shaved ice. So yummy! As it gets hotter and hotter, it sometimes turns into our lunch :)


P.S. Mama: I got your package yesterday!!! Thank you so much! So exciting to open up each part that was put together so thoughtfully and lovingly by you :) My mama sure loves me! I'm wearing the hot pink shirt today and it's perfect for this hot weather - light and loose. I've been trying to find ones just like it! And thanks for the special microfiber washcloths. I tried one out last night! I love the journal! So cute!! And I love the silver charm bracelet and all the meaningful memories associated with it :) Basically I loved all of it. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment